You do not have to be a member of the Tri-States Amateur Radio Club (TSARC) to make a donation. Donations are welcomed to help us offset costs that we incur.
If you would like your donation to either be ear-marked for a specific purpose or for it to be announced as an anonymous donation, please include any directions on how to handle the donation if your donation is made by credit card or PayPal. Otherwise please send an email to email@example.com or use the contact form on the website, if we receive no explicit directions the donation will go toward our general fund.
Please note that we are a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) corporation. The IRS does grant tax deductions to those who contribute and/or donate to such organizations, but there are limitations. Your membership may be tax deductible, and your PayPal receipt will serve as your documentation. However, you will need to check with your tax preparation expert to see if you qualify.
To help you understand how your donation will be used and can help, see below what club funds (dues and / or donations) are used for and what we are able to accomplish with them.
Please understand that this is not an all inclusive list, new opportunities arise often.
- Maintain club equipment such as repeaters, duplexers, feed lines, antennas, at tower sites
- Tower climbers, insurance costs for lightning, theft and liability
- Help the community out when needed
- Help club members out when needed
- Put on events such as Annual Christmas Dinner, Field Days, etc
- Costs associated with a no cost Christmas dinner every year
- Awards, prizes, etc through out the year
- Costs associated with testing through out the year
- Rehab of donated equipment, ie the tower trailer
- Website, domain name, email, etc costs
- Donations for services provided to us at no cost
- Purchase of equipment for club use
- Purchase of equipment to be used during times of need
- Costs associated with free memberships through out the year
- Costs associated with testing “scholarships”
- Banking fees
- Accounting costs
- Federal, State and local government costs
* Please note: Most modern browsers are supported (Brave, Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, etc).